MESSAGE FROM THE PASTOR
We have started a new school year and also our church year. Let us all recommit ourselves to being a follower that goes and finds others who are looking for answers just like we were. We have the answers and they are all wrapped up in Jesus.
Hope to see each one of you in the near future.
Have great week and keep getting closer to the Lord.
UPCOMING EVENTS & INFORMATION:
Sunday Sept. 26th
SUNDAY ON LINE MESSAGE:
2 Peter 3:1-2 Don't you just hate it when someone starts with: 'First'. Peter uses that word after he had written two chapters. Interestingly, his first is a real first. But I'm wondering from this, what would my first be. This week think about what you would say to others if you were writing about the Christian life. Then lets talk about Peter's. Interestingly, he chooses something we don't need to worry about
ON SITE: WORDS TO LIVE BY
Last week we heard Paul talk about Christ Followers who possessed two important things, trust and love. He now goes on in Colossians 1:5 and following to talk about how important they are. This is his basis for knowing the message and the messenger. He wants everyone to know the Good News and to know it in each word he uses to describe it. The following verses are a reminder of what we not only believe but what we stand on. The answers continue.
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.
Items For The Taking
Due to having more than one
congregation here is the church we are having to make some needed
changes & renovations. There are a number of items in the older Sunday School
class that will no longer be needed. If you are interested, we will pass
them on to you.
Three large bookcases, desk, children's dresser among other odds and ends.
PRAYING FOR THOSE AROUND US:
- BARB SMITH - Friend of the pastor who has cancer. She is struggling at this time.
- DENNIS FRANCE - Friend of the pastor who has significant health issues.
- PETER PITT - Is home and doing well. Give him a call of encouragement.
- FAYE & PETER PITT - are looking to move to one floor accommodations to help with his mobility & rehabilitation.
- KEN & RENATE DICK dealing with health issues.
- JAMES' COUSIN Ayeesha continues to improve and is moving about inside and outside. Praise God!
- FAYE PITT'S MOTHER - She is not doing well .
- OUR CHILDREN back at school building. Pray they are all safe and excited about returning to the building.
- OUR FUTURE CHILDREN & YOUTH MINISTRIES
- OUR SEARCH COMMITTEE & WORK ON A NEW LEAD PASTOR
- FOR THOSE IMPACTED BY COVID-19
- SHOE BOXES ARE COMING - Everett wanted to make this a banner year. You can pick up your boxes here at the church on Sunday or Monday & Thursday morning when the pastor is in the office. Together the Samaritan Purse Christmas shoe boxes here at MBC will make a difference to children far far way, watch for them. They need to be back by Nov. 1st.
- CBM: Pray for our missionaries who work in other lands and Our CBM office workers
- OUR PERSONAL commitment to Christ.
- BEING FULFILLED - By sharing our God given gifts with the world
- OUR Church Board
- OUR Pastor & Deborah
- 3rd HEAVEN MINISTRIES & Pastor Dominic
- FRENCH CONGREGATION & Pastor Caleb
- HOUSE of PRAYER, Pakistan Congregation Pastor Yousif & Jacqueline
- MILTON KOREAN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH Pastor Jung & Pastor Kim
- SOUTH ASIAN WELCOME CENTRE, Nita David
- TRUE NORTH CHURCH & Pastor Alan
- SALVATION ARMY ON Nipissing Rd.
- NEW DUNDEE BAPTIST CHURCH & PASTOR RON, This church is our 2021 denominational church that we as a church are to pray for. They are a small church who keep going and sharing the message of Jesus.
Need us to pray?
James Connell has now become on our custodial person. He is starting immediately. This has been brought on due to all five churches being in the building and church as we know it, is moving forward. We welcome him to the position.
GOD BE WITH YOU THIS COMING WEEK.
COME READY TO MEET THE LORD THIS COMING SUNDAY. HAVE AN AMAZING WEEK.
THANK YOU to everyone who continually supports the ministry here at MBC. Thank you.
There are 3 ways to continue to support the ministry of Milton Baptist.
1. You can use the offering
plate that is placed at the back of the sanctuary between the doors. If
you don't have envelopes, please ask one of the board members.
2. You can drop a cheque in our church mailbox anytime you pass by. Only 2 people have key access to the mailbox.
3. You can give using our E-transfer account which you can access from your online banking website. While on site you put in the churches email: email@example.com Then you will be asked to supply a question and answer. The question we are using is: 'why'. The answer we are using is: 'offering'.
If you have any problems don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"God is not unjust; He will not forget your work and the love you have
shown Him as you have helped His people and continue to help them." (Hebrews 6:10)
"The greatest among you will be your servant." (Matthew 23:11)
"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." (Luke 6:38)
"Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others,
faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms." (1 Peter 4:10)
"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervour, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality." (Romans 12:9-13)
"You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use
your freedom to indulge the flesh; rather, serve one another humbly in
love. For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbour as yourself." (Galatians 5:13-14)
"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them." (Ephesians 2:10)